[Jandek] Chicago - "Is this on?"

Lauren Ciechanowski ciechano at stolaf.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:35:33 PDT 2006

Correct - AMAZING SHOW!!! And I thought my day couldn't be topped after a
pigeon crapped on my head at Randolph and Wabash!

The lyrics were NOTHING as profound as The Cell or, from what I hear,
Toronto. But c'mon - it's the Empty Bottle! The man could not have played
any more appropriately for the occassion. John and Josh were excellent
support/collaboration for the man. The bass lines were FLOORING the whole
evening. I can't wait for the DVD - I'm eager to see if Josh (bassist)
actually has eyeballs under all that hair; on the other hand, John seemed
to drum more with his eyeballs than his hands. Thought they'd pop out a
few times.

I never thought I'd be at a Jandek concert, not to mention one that was
quite so rocking. Who knew the man was a hip-swiveler? The beat was
toe-tapping/head-bobbing fun, and the lyrics were downright badass
sex/drugs/rock 'n roll. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I had a GREAT time in Chicago, and it was great to meet those of you that
I did. Thanks, everyone!

Lauren