[Jandek] Ready For the House LP

chthonic streams chthonic at chthonicstreams.com
Sun Oct 29 09:57:21 PST 2006

can you or anyone take a picture of this label so we can see the font?

this, and the more "commercial" etchings support something i was told
last year.  it's possible that album might have been re-pressed
sometime in the 80s by celluloid records.  i was told celluloid was
quite taken with jandek and thought he was the "next big thing" of
the underground.  they may have actually done some of the pressings
as well as acted as distributor.

of course if you actually like the music and not just the myth, this
changes nothing...

d.

>On 10/29/06, Alimarea Vasquez
><<mailto:beachdame125 at hotmail.com>beachdame125 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>I was just studying my Ready For the House LP and noticed that the album had
>etching in the center ring just like regular high production records for big
>name bands.  On side one the etching says LH-17623 and on side two it says
>LH-17624.  Another thing that I feel is weird is that on the blue label on
>the record the word "Corwood" is in a font that I am not used to, and their
>are some  misspellings and punctuation mistakes between the back cover and
>what is printed on the album sticker for instance.
>

>ON THE BACK COVER
>
>NAKED IN THE AFTERNOON
>FIRST YOU THINK YOUR FORTUNE'S LOVELY
>WHAT CAN I SAY WHAT CAN I SING
>SHOW ME THE WAY, O LORD
>KNOW THY SELF
>THEY TOLD ME ABOUT YOU
>CAVE IN ON YOU
>THEY TOLD ME I WAS A FOOL
>EUROPEAN JEWEL (Incomplete)
>
>but ON THE STICKER ON THE LP
>
>NAKED IN THE AFTER NOON
>FIRST YOU THINK YOUR FORTUNES LOVELY
>WHAT CAN I SAY, WHAT CAN I SING
>SHOW ME THE WAY, O LORD
>KNOW THYSELF
>THEY TOLD ME ABOUT YOU
>CAVE IN ON YOU
>THEY TOLD ME I WAS A FOOL
>EUROPEAN JEWEL (Incomplete)
>
>Does anyone else on here own this album and if they do... I wonder if the
mistakes and the etchings on the inside ring are the same?