[Jandek] any precedent to Jandek?

stacey graham staceygraham at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:17:57 PDT 2006

Hi all.  Just wondering because it's such a big world of music, but is there
anything out there that may be considered to be musically close to Jandek?
I know this is a judgement call, and I'm not talking about the Corwood way
of doing business, but there must be something else out there that pushes
the same musical buttons.

I wonder especially if somewhere in the blues world there was a precedent.
Or maybe, if any list members are from other parts of the world, if there
were others somewhere else who a Jandek fan could appreciate.  I'm not
talking about Skip Spence or Beefheart or any other semi-famous artists or
even a strict type of music, I'm talking maybe from the "private press"
world or from the psychedelic 60s or heck even from China or wherever.

Like I said, I know this is a judgement call.  The world is so big and we
all see such a small part of it, maybe somewhere far away there is somebody
else "working the dark corners".

--
Stacey Graham
Minneapolis  MN  USA