[Jandek] Indianapolis and Bloomington Readings

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Mon Nov 20 11:41:53 PST 2006

Okay, so I finally got everything set up and two readings are a go. Certainly want to invite any list members around to attend either of these readings/signings. Hey - I've got books this time!

First reading will be the Saturday afternoon of the show at the Luna Music located at 5202 N. College Ave in Indy. Call (317)283-5885 for more info, or visit www.lunamusic.net where they have directions.

Then there's the Jandek show at 7, then on Sunday I'm going down to Bloomington to read at a GREAT place called Boxcar Books. Read about what all they do (NEAT place) at www.boxcarbooks.org. Anyway, they're staying open late for me and hosting a reading at 6 pm. I'm going to write much of that reading between the Corwood show and the reading itself - sort of a way of extending the Jandek concert but also creating a section I intend to use in the next book. We'll see how that goes. I'll have new stuff at the Indy location as well - in fact, both readings will feature material unique to that reading. Same will go with Atlanta, but that's off a ways. This is first and it's most exciting.

Also might add that much Jandek suppport comes from Landlocked Music, next door to Boxcar. Get there early and see what looks like a terrific music store. Hope to see a few people there.

more as I know more,

Danen