[Jandek] JANDEK HAS HIM NO AIDS

Gregory Stanton gregory.stanton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 15 16:19:46 PST 2006

He's skinny, and he used the word "virus" in a song.
If he is HIV positive, he doesn't look like it. He
just looks thin.

BTW, people with HIV are pretty healthy these days.
You rarely see anyone wasting away, as you did circa
1995 and before. Some people with HIV have a certain
kind of facial wasting caused by protease inhibitors,
called lipodistrophy. The fat from their cheeks and
temples is absorbed by their bodies, giving them a
sunken appearance. Jandek does not look like he has
lipodistrophy, or any other disease. He looks
perfectly healthy to me. Some people are naturally
thin. We all should be so lucky.