[Jandek] a lyric analyzation idea

stacey graham staceygraham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:37:56 PST 2006

I'm at work so I can't really search around too much for it, but somewhere I
remember seeing an online word counter, where you just fed in chunks of
writing and it gave statistics on what words were used the most times.  For
the life of me I cannot remember the name of it, but I saw it on some blog
where they were running chunks of other blogs through it to get at the
subconscious themes.  If this program could be found it would be interesting
to perform this analysis on huge chunks of Jandek lyrics, just cut and paste
them in and look at his lyrics in a little different way.

It seems like psychologically this could reallt help find hidden patterns,
especially in large bodies of work like Jandek has, where it's literally
impossible to quantify this sort of thing without turning it into an
algorhythm.

--
Stacey Graham
Minneapolis  MN  USA