[Jandek] Jandek in Atlanta, Feb 17, 2007

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Sun Nov 5 14:43:10 PST 2006

My, this has been a weekend for news! Here's a release from some fine folk in Atlanta:

Coyoteboy Productions, OK Productions and Stomp & Stammer are thrilled to announce Jandek's first ever live performance in the Southeast.

Saturday, February 17th
7pm
Academy of Medicine
www.academyofmedicine.com
875 W Peachtree St NW
Atlanta, GA 30309

All Ages
Tickets on sale 10am 11/17/06
$27.50 advance - www.ticketalternative.com

I'm told the venue is GORGEOUS. I'll note that - the Empty Bottle aside - this seems to be the case for many Corwood venues. But the Empty Bottle kinda fit the show it was, so there you have it.

I'm working out a tentative reading/signing at the moment so I plan to be there as well. Looks like the Corwood Rep is finally going into the South. Curious to see where else he goes...will he ever play Paris? Berlin? California? Colorado? ARKANSAS (uh, yeah)? 2007 looks to be full of surprises.

Danen