[Jandek] What else is out there?

Jonathan Ruhe ruhetang at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 17:29:49 PDT 2006

"Your tastes must be somewhat limited.

  REMOVING the surrounding mystique; one man and a guitar and some other instrumentation is as close to middle of the road as you can get."

  Yeah, I guess I overlooked that. Jandek's as normal as normal can get, what with all the standard tunings, conventional verse-chorus-verse songwriting, moon-june lyrics and all his other rigid adherences to musical normalcy. My mistake.

      "For my own part, I still consider my Jandek recordings to be the most bizarre music in my collection"