[Jandek] What else is out there?

ian nauroth ian.nauroth at gmail.com
Fri May 26 06:48:28 PDT 2006

I listen to a lot of different music, although I'm sure a lot of us on here
can say that. Many of the more obscure/bizarre selections in my collection I
am only able to listen to a few tracks at a time. Something like Wolf Eyes
is a good example. Prolonged listening can really be grating to the nerves
but in small doses I enjoy it and appreciate it for what it is. I'm
fascinated by the ways music relates to and can affect one's mood. I usually
find Jandek's melancholy soothing, provided I am in the mood for it. If I'm
not in the right mood it puts me in that mood, but if I'm resistant to
feeling that way it just irritates me. I guess that's probably true of most
music but its more pronouced in cases where the less accessible the music
is. I guess that's why there is pop-music. It's safe.

- Ian