[Jandek] Jandek Neophyte-wants to know what album to get next.

Gregory Stanton gregory.stanton at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 17 17:16:17 PDT 2006

Many people believe "Blue Corpse" is the most
satisfying Jandek CD, and I'm inclined to agree. The
one that follows, "You Walk Alone" is of similar
quality. I personally also like "Sombody in the Snow"
and "Glad to Get Away".

The later stuff I find interesting, but also extremely
trying on the ears and nerves. I have not heard
anything past "Shadow of Leaves".

Hmmm. There's 8 or 9 new ones? Half price!!!

--- "D. Craig Wasson" <deeeecraig at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hello all:

I have the "Jandek on Corwood" DVD, a copy of "Ready
for the House (which is the coolest)," and a copy of
"chair Beside a window."  I want to get "Modern
Dances" next.  Any suggestions?

I bought my copies from the record store, partially
because Sterling is out playing shows, and I didn't
want to wait for him to get back and fill the order.
I want to order direct from Corwood this next time.
Any interesting stories or advice on doing so?