[Jandek] Sense of Humor

Joe Faust boddekker at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 06:04:46 PDT 2006

"The Ballad of Robert" is one of my favorites, and it
never fails to make me laugh.  There's just something
absurd about poor Robert's situation.

Maybe it's schadenfreude.  That doesn't make me a bad
person, does it?

b.---Most interesting of all, a guitar store is the only place in the known universe where a guy will allow himself to shop like a woman, spending half an hour, an hour, two hours trying a dozen guitars with only the faintest possibility of actually buying something, playing a few licks, swapping a few lies, while in the background someone plays the opening bars of "Stairway to Heaven."Tim Brookes,Guitar: An American Life---