[Jandek] NEWCASTLE SUNDAY vs. Bootleg...

Fabio R. pippus at fastwebnet.it
Wed Mar 29 00:11:20 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Condon" <paulgcondon at gmail.com>
To: <jandek at mylist.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Jandek] NEWCASTLE SUNDAY vs. Bootleg...

> Couldn't disagree more. I was at the Gateshead show, and when I heard
> the bootleg it sounded weak and thin, and didn't capture the heaviness
> of the music at all.

yes, there's a huge quality difference between the bootleg and "Newcastle
Sunday", a great release reminding me to some Corwood 80's releases and 'I
threw you away' style..
that's why i'll wait for the originals and i do not listen any jandekian
bootleg at all, from now on.

I was delighted that the official release did,
> and was surprised how well it works as an album in itself.
I found the
> bootleg hard to sit through, while I can't keep the official version
> off the stereo.

yes, it seems you are on the middle of the performance, like on Modern
Dances. great...