[Jandek] Engulfed

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 17:25:19 PST 2006

That sounds pretty serious- I'd reccommend that you consult a psychiatric professional as soon as possible.

  Juuust kidding- I think it's really funny that you listen to Jandek like any other music- in the cafe, doing housework. Usually people talk about sitting up at 3 am with a cup of coffee and staring at a wall while putting Jandek on, or having listening parties, but either way it's always like Jandek listening is some thing that requires some sort of churchlike reverence, a special concentration or mood or time of day. Your reverence, on the other hand,  sounds more like a 70's teenager who's obsessed with Bobby Sherman. And that's refreshing, but geez- I feel like if I listened to the a capella albums as I slept I'd probably develop some sort of pyschotic disorder.

Alimarea Vasquez <beachdame125 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I can not even begin to tell you all how much I have completely immersed
myself in this music. I find myself cranking up the songs and cleaning my
apartment. Dancing around and having a grand old time. I also like to play
the a capella albums on repeat as I sleep, they are so entrancing and
mandatory I feel. I recently got an email from a friend who asked me my
opinions on the newer albums as opposed to the older ones and personally all
I can say is i love em all. This music is the truest music out there, and
no one could convince me otherwise.

Down At Valeries Eatery
enjoying a meatball sub and cranking
"point judith" on my discman
My knees are knocking and I feel like slow dancing.