[Jandek] re: SXSW?/Jandek at the library

Christopher Petkus johnnymeatworth at mac.com
Fri Mar 10 20:51:04 PST 2006

Kevin,

re: SXSW--if you enjoy minimalist music, check out the Tony Conrad/Rhys
Chatham, et al, showcase at Central Presbyterian Church on Thursday.

Also on my personal radar are The Notekillers, Th' Faith Healers, Benko, and
Barbez.  Roky Erickson and the next governor of Texas, Kinky Friedman, are
also appearing at a day show at Victory Grill (1104 E. 11th St., outside
stage) on 3.17.

Hot Chip CRANKS!  I saw them last year and you're in for a treat.

>>Anyone SXSWing it this year? Any acts I should NOT miss? I'm most excited
about:

Ariel Pink (a new deity on my altar)
Guillemots
Hot Chip
Lady Sovereign ("Public Warning" is single of the year so far)