[Jandek] Glasgow Monday + non-answer to a question

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 21:27:45 PDT 2006

Glasgow Monday arrived today in the mail. I've only listened to it
once, but what an amazing set of music! Those who said it makes you
rethink Jandek entirely were not kidding! It's completely Jandek, yet
it's completely different than anything the man has set to wax before.

When I sent my check and order, I asked "In what city were the covers
for 12th Apostle, Graven Image and Glad to Get Away taken?"  His
reply back was "Sorry, no answer. Thanks!" At first I thought the man
didn't want to answer. And that is still the most logical way to read
it, of course. But at the same time, it almost makes me want to
theorize that maybe somebody else took the pics and he genuinely
didn't know? Or perhaps I'm reading too much into this intentionally?

Next time I might ask him if he has released his albums sequentially
as they were recorded. Can't hurt.

Cheers,
Ratan

"We went to a new musical that just opened, called
Oh Africa, Brave Africa. It was a laugh riot."  - Patrick Bateman