[Jandek] The Cell--what's it about?

BlackMonk BlackMonk at email.msn.com
Fri Jul 21 10:38:43 PDT 2006

Pretty much all musicians draw upon themselves, but that's different from
 writing autobiography. Songs take on lives of their own and songwriters
will
 do what they have to so that the song will work. If it's telling the truth,
they'll do that, if it's lying or making things up, they'll do that. (Either
 Paul Simon or Leonard Cohen said something similar. I forget which.)