[Jandek] The Cell--what's it about?

stephen barry stephen.barry at arup.com
Fri Jul 21 08:47:51 PDT 2006

I dunno.  Sounds a fair enough discussion to me.  And it's more than
just empty speculation.  Jandek's lyrics have always been fairly
scrutinised, and this is just more of that.  His lyrics have always been
fairly personal, so to look at them without reference to him as a
regular Joe Human would be to miss the point.

The sooner people realise that Jandek is just a guy, and should be
treated as such, the better.  No more of this pedestal-placing crap.  I
think J-man himself has spent years trying to stay off the Pedestal with
great success, but some fanatics make it hard.

Ps - this isn't a dig at you personally - your mail gave rise to my
mail, not as a retort - just another mail...

Steve