[Jandek] Corwood 0785: Glasgow Monday

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Mon Jul 17 15:55:19 PDT 2006

And there it was. I've had one full listen through and I'm going for a second spin.

This is elegiac material - truly unlike anything else in the Corwood catalog. Runs 84 minutes-ish total and is, indeed, ONE song broken into little parts that build from the previous parts.  All piano and vocals by the Man from Corwood with bowed bass by Richard and some extraordinary percussion from Alex (but then you knew that). VERY excited to see this on DVD! Some of the most emotive vocals from Corwood I've ever heard.

Going to work on the lyrics tonight and post as soon as I have them. If you have any interest in Jandek's music WHATSOEVER you should get this. I've been waiting fourteen months to hear this and it was well worth the wait.

Just makes the upcoming shows all the more exciting. Chicago here I come!

Danen