[Jandek] Governor Rhodes Questions

cassettophone cassettophone cassettophone at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 3 09:34:14 PDT 2006

Just heard "Governor Rhodes" on the "Telegraph Melts" albums.

  First, what's the deal with the lower male vocals? Could this be slowed down tape, or the singer taking a low voice? I have a theory: maybe the singer took this voice, and someone thought it sounded like the voice of Governor Rhodes. "Hey, you're right, now let's call the song "Governor Rhodes"!"

  I can't tell if Governor Rhodes actually had a voice like that, but it sounds like it could have been a impersonation.

  Another question: who could Janet and Paul be? Musicians in the Jandek Band or random names?

  Seb