[Jandek] Ready for the Cash

stephe dk weaseldip at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 7 23:02:33 PST 2006

I  guess  it's  just the way of  things... but it is depressing.

I always thought the ownership of the Jandek records was related to having
an object... A thing... A sort of piece of art.

I do most of my music shopping, and have for a long time, in thrift shops...
So the Jandek records fit that aesthetic very well.

It was a lot more fun when you might find one for 3 dollars. I paid $5 for
"Ready for the House' in 1995. I probably didn't even know what it was for a
few years after that.

Something of the mythos is tarnished.
The E-Bay has certainly taken away some of the joy of  being a scavanger.
What fun is there in going online to buy some specific thing? I'd rather
unearth randomness... It could just as well be "Wild Man Fischer,"  ... ugh.
difffernet discussion group.

I think it's hilarious that his first, or certain of his albums are valuable
now... And I bet he does too!
The irony!

<P><FONT
<P><FONT face="Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" color=#ff0033><FONT face="Geneva,
Arial, Sans-serif" color=#ff3300>one ugly man tried to pirate my
style</FONT></FONT></P></DIV></html>