[Jandek] Newcastle Sunday -cd one

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Sat Feb 25 08:33:34 PST 2006

I'm assuming his printer is putting them in cases from a variety of brands: my case does indeed say "2 CD" on it.

Also, he lists the titles on the inside covers of ALL his cd's.  It's a point I'd never thought of that I'm glad you brought up: he really doesn't have to do this. You'd think he'd print the covers one sided with a blank inside cover similar to the plain white sleeves the old albums came in. Interestingly, on the "post-bar code" years cd's, the only difference between the back cover of the disc and the inside cover is that there's a bar-code in the lower right hand corner of the back of the cds and the catalog number (ie: Corwood 0783) on the lower right of the inside cover.

Man, these are TINY details but it's an interesting point I'd never thought of.  Guess he likes the aesthetic of the repeated back cover?