[Jandek] Newcastle Sunday

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 12:05:21 PST 2006

I agree. And you know I don't care much for the newer Jandek material, but the Gateshead show is easily the best record he's done since the mid 90's. Glasgow Sunday may as well have been a rehearsal. The flange effect, as cheesy and cliche as it seems now, is perfectly used. Great stuff.

"Danen D. Jobe" <djobe at uark.edu> wrote:
  It's the Sage Gateshead performance - and I also think it's better than Glasgow. "Depression" blows my mind. It's downright like Public Image Ltd circa 1980, only more disturbing. Speaking of, "Locked Up" is a blast, about a prisoner being led to an electric chair: "I only killed my mother, father, sister and brother - why do I have to die?" Get it NOW. This is major stuff.

Danen
I"m really chuffed to learn more about this 2 Cd set. Is it live material or a new studio recording? How has the sound changed?