[Jandek] Khartoum All Music Guide Review

Paul Condon paulgcondon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:32:10 PST 2006

Have no particular comment on Unterberger's review, but here's a more
positive assessment of that album by me:
http://www.digitalisindustries.com/foxyd/review_detail.php?id=1261

The Cell is indeed something to look forward to, and two-part set with
Loren Connors, and Heather Leigh Murray and Alan Licht was at least as
good, and it seems the US shows were something else again. On the
basis of these alone, for me it's undeniable that Jandek is producing
a more varied output than ever before. I think the recent albums
require more work on the listener's behalf than some of the earlier
ones. It's up to the individual to decide whether it's worth it.