[Jandek] Khartoum All Music Guide Review

alec way errora at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 5 07:56:07 PST 2006

it's ok. it reads like unterberger was thinking, "now THIS jandek
records is going to have killer melodies with killer bass lines and
killer beats to get the heads banging and boo-tays shakin'."

it's good to see people be critical. we can still criticize everyone
besides the ape-like president bush's administration and their
knuckle-headed, dumb-as-a-post adventures abroad.

pain is part of what you sign up for when obtain jandek product. jandek
music is not party music nor is jandek music sexy music.  it's
anti-social and it's anti-comfort music.  it's not fun but it's
exhilarating and it's entertaining.  dispair is how it gets there.

also, jandek is still playful, on some tracks, in the early to mid 00's.

and unterberger's (under-mountain's?) comment about in front of a mic is
a little pedestrian.

the word tragedy translates to mean "goat's song" and that's jandek's
signature, the goat's song.  it's like, Deal With It.