[Jandek] Khartoum All Music Guide Review

Scott Bateman batetoon at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 15:37:14 PST 2006

Honestly, I think right now is the best period of
Jandek's career, both musically and lyrically.
Although I think it helps to be over 40 to appreciate
all the regret, disappointment, and the
summing-up-of-a-mistake-filled-life that permeates his
lyrics since the spoken word albums.

Also--people keep talking about how cool The Cell will
be when it comes out (and I'm sure it will be--I can't
wait to finally hear it!), but don't forget the
Manhattan show where he played the organ--you are not
ready for prog-rock Jandek. It was an amazing night.

Scott Bateman
http://www.batemania.com