[Jandek] Re: Kharthoum Variations

Ross Em indiejanglefunkterrorist at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 10:26:11 PST 2006

I also received the deeply fucking awesome Khartoum Variations today.  I'e just had a brief listen to it tonight and its the dark little monster we hoped it would be.  A bit more genuinely despairing sounding than Khartoum.  I have to say I prefer Khartoum as it was originally issued, but this is a great great record.

  I see Newcastle is being issued - personally I would have skipped this as it is v similar to Instal 04 and instead issued The Cell (Glasgow CCA) or the Glasgow percussion and vocal show (sunday sets Instal 2005) as they better represent how great the man is musically these days.

  Cheers

  Roscoe

                                        "VERMIN" by Stephen Ritchie
  Available early 2006 from www.singlecellpress.co.uk
  SINGLE CELL PRESS -  rhyming for rent 2006