[Jandek] Re: Jandek in Atlanta, Feb 17, 2007

Matthew Cowley madcowley at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 09:45:39 PST 2006

I attended a wedding at the Academy of Medicine a few years ago and it is indeed a beautiful
place.  I have no idea how the acoustics would be for a music event, as the room is more like a
lecture hall than anything else.  I remember lots of velvet curtains and folding movie-theater
style seats.  Should be interesting.  Ticket price is a little steep in my opinion, but I bet it's
pricey to rent this hall.  I'm on the artistic board of a contemporary chamber music ensemble
(plug: www.bentfrequency.com) and from experience I know that Atlanta doesn't have a ton of
medium-sized, accessible, but comfortable venues, so I gotta give props to the promoters for
trying something different.

Anyway, this should be a very unique concert.