[Jandek] Indianapolis Saturday Stuff

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Thu Dec 7 19:28:07 PST 2006

Hey all,

Just some reminders, considering that we're two days and counting until the Indy show.  For anyone still considering going, I believe there are still tickets available.

Also, I'll be doing two readings around the show. The first is Saturday afternoon at the Luna Music located at 5202 N College in Indy (see www.lunamusic.net for directions, more info, etc). I've got plenty of books and will be doing new stuff from the next book, which is getting more ambitious by the day.

Then there's the show - and perhaps a gathering after? One of my favorite things about Jandek shows is meeting people from the list/fellow Jandek fans from all over. I don't know anything about Indy spots, but hopefully somebody does. Would be great to gab about the show, etc after.

Then on Sunday, for anyone still around, I'll be at Boxcar books (3210 S Washington in Bloomington, about an hour away) at 6 pm. In the manner of Corwood, I'm going to write something specifically for this that plays off the themes from the show the night before. This is a new thing, so we'll see how it goes, but I have a good feeling about it. I also have plenty of books for both shows should anyone want one.

Looking forward to seeing whoever might be there. Don't know when I'll have computer access after the show so I can't say as I'll have anything up before Monday - somebody else will, I'm sure.

Hope to see some of you this weekend!

Danen