[Jandek] how big is the Corwood universe?

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 19:05:28 PDT 2006

I don't remember where, but I understand that he made 1000 of RTFH and 300 of each subsequent record. I'm not sure if he still makes that many.

Simon Greenwood <simon.greenwood at mac.com> wrote:  That's correct - the mastering is a considerable part of the cost of
the initial run, but how a pressing plant chooses to deliver is up to
them. Loading up the master and a thousand blanks probably isn't that
much more expensive than 500 or 300. However I know from experience
that there is at least one company in the Czech Republic who have a
minimum run of 300, although that in part is due to the small label
market they've got in Europe. Your mileage may of course vary.
Irrespective of that, Corwood is distributing at cost plus a bit for
packaging, postage and handling, which they're willing to make the
occasional loss on. I paid $7 each for half a dozen CDs in Mystery
Train, so they are at least trying to keep prices low as well.

s/