[Jandek] Toronto UPDATE

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Sun Aug 13 15:02:17 PDT 2006

> I'm going with two other people....
>
> Does anyone know about the musicians playing with him? Are they
> Canadian?
> DM.

Yep, and they're awful good - in fact, percussionist Nick Fraser's jazz band is having a show at 3:30 pm the day before. I'll be in town by then so I might try and make it. He's got a myspace page which has some impressive samples. Nilan Perera and Rob Clutton also have some impressive rosters. Hadn't heard of any of them before this, but then again I hadn't heard of Alex Neilson before the first Glasgow show and look how good he is.

In other words, all local, all with ties in the jazz/experimental community, all good.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Danen