[Jandek] Albums recorded in order?

Sam Eddington sameddington at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 14:24:19 PDT 2006

So when I wrote Corwood to request the latest catalog, I asked two
questions. 1) Are the live albums going to be released in the order in which
they were recorded, and 2) have the albums Corwood has previously released
been released in the order in which they were recorded?

I got the following response on the back of the catalog in today's mail:

"Intention is to release live albums in order recorded. It's our method."

So perhaps this shines some light, however oblique, on the perennial
question regarding the order in which the albums were recorded. Taken at
face value, this seems to imply that the mid-period electric stuff isn't
actually older than "earlier" acoustic stuff, for instance.

Of course, it's kind of cryptic too, so it's hard to say...

~Sam