[Jandek] That cover and That Music

chthonic chthonic at chthonicstreams.com
Thu Apr 27 08:31:12 PDT 2006

From: cassettophone cassettophone <cassettophone at yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:43:38 -0400 (EDT)

>http://tisue.net/jandek/images/covers/0784.jpg
>
>  When I heard that the new Jandek album was "Jandek with an axe" I first thought "oh my
god, here it goes, he's gonna look like a complete psycho!". But when I actually saw the
cover, I thought "hmm, he looks pretty normal, and relaxed. And he really looks like he's just
doing some wood work, and not killing someone or something mean like that". Anyone else
has that feeling?

what a great image!  it's so ambiguous to me actually.  he could be resting before he shops
some wood.  or he could be a calm psychotic waiting to boil over.  you can't really see his
eyes so it's a bit creepy.  classic jandek cover, beautiful.

i saw the lyrics in the list archives, but have i missed any discussion on the actual *music*
and sound of the album?  electric? acoustic? bass?  piano? sparse? layered?  noisy?  bluesy?
what?

d.