[Jandek] John Jacob Niles

Mathew Young youngmb at umich.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:08:55 PDT 2005

After being introduced to his music through discussion of John Jacob Niles on
this list a few months ago I was surprised to see video footage of him in part
one of the "Bob Dylan: No Direction Home" documentary on PBS last night (part 2
airs tonight, if you're interested (which you should be)).  That guy was
something else.  The looks on the faces of those watching him sing were
priceless.  That voice...

In other news (which I very well might have missed already announced on the
list) I saw Richard Youngs on the cover of Wire magazine that is on newsstands
now.  Heads up.

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it." - Henry David Thoreau