[Jandek] So my order of 20 CD's arrived today..

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Wed Sep 21 04:00:04 PDT 2005

Yeah I'd save that customs slip, if an autograph's what you want.  Personally, though, I'd regard the "thanks" to be something closer.

Definitely a spiritual connection with the man (see the lyrics to the Academy show for the latest) but I can't see Mormonism.  And the Baptists wouldn't keep him around, at least not if they knew what he was doing on the music front.

I'm assuming also that you've got a figure wrong (or I'm hoping you do): Surely you don't mean four hundred Thirty Two and some odd dollars to ship twenty cd's to Aussie?  That's how it reads on my screen and I sure HOPE it doesn't cost that much.  Do you mean Forty Three? You specify US but that seems impossible unless he overnighted it or something.  He always sends by Media Mail (at least to here) and I once got a big order that he insured (yes, he IS an awful nice guy from what I can tell) which put him out an extra five bucks but $432.75 ought to be enough to send a lead box containing a big screen TV to Siberia.  Or so I would hope! Just curious.

Danen