[Jandek] Coincidence? of course it is... but fitting

Hoke Greiner bustelo3 at charter.net
Mon Sep 19 12:57:35 PDT 2005

Interesting that you mention Ray Johnson.  When describing to others
the appeal of Jandek, I usually mention Ray Johnson, whose "NY
Correspondence School" is perhaps the most famous example of "mail
art."  I'd never considered their physical similarities, but I have
always thought that the act of ordering from Corwood and receiving the
releases via post to be an act of mail art.  What with the p.o. box,
the covers, the typed catalog, the occasional notes, and the music.
Because ART is what it's all about.