[Jandek] Re: saw JANDEK on CORWOOD - my two-bobs

SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca SAMUEL_MATHESON at acdi-cida.gc.ca
Thu Sep 8 10:00:09 PDT 2005

>I finally got to see the docco that seems to have 'broken' Jandek to a
wider audience. I thought it was quite slick and informative and not as
pretentious as >some made it out to be.

Working with what they had access to, I don't know how they could have done
much better.  Only things I didn't like were on a technical level - the
"soft" imaging they used on many scenes to get a film-like look frequently
just looked out of focus (like the establishing beach shots at the
beginning), or like they'd rubbed Vasoline on the lens and fogged the image
(note all that light diffusion around some of the interview subjects).