[Jandek] Jandek at the Anthology Film Archives

R. Lim rlim at inch.com
Wed Sep 7 14:47:59 PDT 2005

The guitarist was Loren Mazzacane Connors - his presence in the band
deserves more discussion, but suffice to say it is the first time that
Jandek has played with a true peer.  Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with
Parkinson's a few years back and I have been told that he has to be very
careful about timing his medications to coincide with his live
performances in order for its symptoms not to interfere with his playing.
Which may explain what you saw.

I am pleased to say that he did recover in time to deliver a gorgeous,
luminous duet with Alan Licht which proved the perfect balm for Jandek's
existential angst.  Unfortunately most of the crowd had already left for
the night.

By the way, I thought the evening was well run and the handling of
everything was extremely efficient once the doors were opened.  Big thumbs
up to Barry for managing to make the whole experience so civilized.

  -rob

--
Janitor From Mars archives and more @ http://www.wfmu.org/~rlim