[Jandek] Don't forget Open Mic Jandek Cover Night, next Saturday (11/5)

Maurice Rickard maurice at mac.com
Fri Oct 28 14:43:02 PDT 2005

Open Mic Jandek Cover Night at Kiva Han, Forbes & Meyran, 11/05/2005, 8PM

Any Jandek fans near Pittsburgh are encouraged to start polishing up
one to three songs for the third annual Open Mic Jandek Cover Night.
Anyone can show up and play, but you have to cover a Jandek tune.
Let's face it--there's enough in the oeuvre that you can surely cover
something.

When: Jandek Day (Saturday, 11/5/05), 8PM-whenever
Where: Kiva Han coffee house, at Forbes and Meyran (the other Kiva
Han, down in the South Oakland business corridor), Pittsburgh, PA.
Who: mainly you, I hope, though I'll be doing some covers myself.
How much: Free, but buy something to show your support for this fine
independent business.

There'll be a small PA (two small amps, but it's all we need), and
I'll have microphones and a place to plug in an instrument. The space
is way too small to accommodate a full band, so solo acts are best,
though in a pinch we can handle a duo. I'll record the whole evening,
and later we can get you CDs. I'll also have a Web browser open to
Seth Tisue's fine Jandek site's lyrics page, so you don't have to
worry about memorizing. So come on by and do a tune or two in tribute
to Houston's International Man of Mystery.

Kiva Han, 3533 Forbes Avenue (Forbes & Meyran), Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
8PM. All ages, FREE. Anyone can come and perform, but you have to
cover a Jandek tune. Map here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=forbes+ave+and+meyran+ave+pittsburgh+pa+15213&iwloc=A&hl=en

--

Maurice Rickard