[Jandek] Jandek live show recordings

Yuval Legendtofski legendtofski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:46:59 PDT 2005

I tracked down the Instal recordings. feh..the quality is terrible, you can
hardly hear Jandek's spoken word thing, which incidentally sounds AWESOME.
The guy has truly arrived as the most happening avante-garde rock performer
going today, as opposed to Kevin john's pretentious, arrogant and totally
off the mark Village Voice review...

>From the bits I could hear it sounds like some weird mediation on Lou Reed's
recent 'The Raven' or bits of 'Magic and Loss'. anyway I'm definitely gonna
buy CD versions of these live sets - they are adding up the the BEST things
Jandek has for the 00's, if not the last decade. And from all reports (lets
all hold hands and sing Koombaya, or at least Jndk's version of 'Om'!) and
hope the Jandek gods deliver a professionally recorded CD of the legendary
'Cell' shows, which from all accounts will kick motherfkn ass!