[Jandek] Jandek in London - 18th October 2005

Jeff Grimshaw jgrimshaw at blast.net
Fri Oct 21 13:15:36 PDT 2005

I've been running these French dispatches through the free French-to-English online translator at http://ets.freetranslation.com/
and the results have been-- well, not exactly idiomatic, but pretty delightful:

"Form floating and black - to the summit of which dominates a pale face as hit with étisie - that installs itself on a seat some drinks precious.  Of a hand, a guitar and other the notebook to the black cover, where are registered the words that will be hurled tonight.

And the gray mass begins can begin - all the faithful ones being there, and they are numerous, to be gathered cold - big specialty of Jandek: 'I did the error to be there tonight'.

Will follow eight blues étirés to the rupture not at all: microphone note, microphone tones, improbable agreements, acrobatics of the long fingers on the sleeve of the guitar, strokes in all direction with the other hand, the one right - and voice, always there to render sensitive it lasted of the misfortune to be precisely there."

I'm hoping the next Jandek CD will be entitled "I Did the Error to Be There Tonight." Sort of the Jandek version of "All Your Base Are Belong to Us."

Merci,

Jeff Grimshaw
jgrimshaw at blast.net