[Jandek] Jandek Christmas album?

Matthew Gordon mlgordon75 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 16:57:40 PDT 2005

Who else thinks it's about time for a Christmas album
from the J-Man?  "A Very Merry Corwood Chistmas"  Or
"One Foot in the North Pole"?   For a quickie cover,
he could simply Photoshop a nice fluffy Santa Claus
hat onto his head on the Six and Six cover and be done
with it, perhaps add some mistletoe hanging on the
upper right.  Great, right? Or maybe he's got some
shots of himself wearing other types of festive
headgear whilst sporting that copious beard he has on
Raining Down Diamonds.  Sure it would be sacriligious,
but wouldn't it be great seeing it in Target next to
the Engelbert Humperdink and Mannheim Steamroller
X-Mas albums?  As for the content, he could span the
style-spectrum, an Early Period take on "The First
Noel," John could play drums on a 20-minute "Electric
End" freakout of "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas,"  a
sweet'n'spooky Nancy-vocalized "I Wonder as I Wander,"
all bass on a Later Period improv'd "Joy  To The
World?"  The possibilities are endless.