[Jandek] Jandek on radio!

Brendan O'Connell boconnell1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:43:02 PDT 2005

Hi all,

My name is Brendan O'Connell, and I'm a DJ at WESU 88.1 FM, Middletown, CT.
I thought you all might like to know that tomorrow (Thursday 10/20), I'm
doing a retrospective of Jandek's career on my radio show, from 4-5pm
Eastern Time. I discovered Jandek when I was browsing my station's vinyl
collection, and found 16 records that all looked about alike, with a
strange, blurry man on most of the covers - I'm sure you can guess what I
found! My station has a fairly good collection of Jandek LPs from 1981-1993,
and tomorrow I'll be playing one song off of each of them. I'm sure a lot of
these are out of print, so maybe you'll hear something you haven't heard
before! I don't claim to be a Jandek expert, just a big fan, so I hope
you'll excuse any inadvertent inaccuracies. If you don't live in
Connecticut, you can get the show online in a live webstream at
http://www.wesufm.org. Hope you check it out! Thanks, Brendan