[Jandek] I'll Sit Alone and Think a Lot About You

Frank Hardy soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 09:58:05 PDT 2005

Yeah I've noticed all this stuff, though "I'll sit alone..." is in a different key (i forget which). "pastimes" is definitely an early version of "upon the grandeur". eddie (rather, that guy who I call eddie) sings on "i'll sit alone".

leo fabriek <leo at barakken.nl> wrote:This has probably been discussed before, but i just want to make sure:

'I'll sit alone and think a lot about you' (on the way, C0755) contains
the same riff that has made 'Upon the grandeur' (one foot in the north,
C0758) so famous. A very early (i think) version of it, can be heard on
'Pastimes' (somebody in the snow, C0757).
It's not too easy to be heard on 'upon the grandeur', because of the
louder solo-theme played on top of it, but it is unmistakenly the case.
Can we conclude that it's Eddy singing on 'I'll sit alone...'?

Anyway, discuss.

leo