[Jandek] Jandek on myspace/Khartoom

Danen D. Jobe djobe at uark.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:32:40 PDT 2005

Wow - now I know where Khartoum is from! I thought it looked familiar.

Maybe he is getting more overtly political?  I WANT to read the lyrics of "he doesn't care about us" from the Brooklyn shows as such.  Considering the "who cares" attitude this administration had regarding the Sudan and the religious theme of the Civil War there this could turn out to be some interesting stuff.

His album titles for awhile have been based on lyrics in songs.  If that stays true then this ISN'T any of the live shows (I think I'd remember the word "Khartoom" from the Austin show - or he may have mumbled it so it sounded like "cartoon" or something! Ah!)Hmmm.

Thanks for the tip - my interest is piqued.  Hope this shows up soon...

Danen