[Jandek] Jandek's 60th Birthday - READ ME!!! IMPORTANT

Paul Condon paulgcondon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:04:30 PDT 2005

I think it's a nice idea Ross, but it seems to me that the man himself is
not comfortable with any kind of correspondence relating to "Sterling" as
distinct from "Jandek" or "Corwood". There's a pretty clear distinction
between the professional and the personal there. His DOB is known at this
stage but I'd be worried that it might be beyond the pale as far as he's
concerned, considering he's still attempting to protect his privacy despite
the public appearances. It'd be a bit more familiar than your standard fan
mail. Also you wouldn't want to put the guy under the pressure of writing
hundreds of thank you notes...
I don't really think one or two birthday greetings would send him into
hiding forever... but personally I'd be wary of a mass gesture. But that's
just my opinion, maybe overcautious...