[Jandek] Corwood label Doppelganger

Jason Henn hennja at earlham.edu
Tue Nov 29 10:29:28 PST 2005

 Does anyone else think this record label looks familiar?

 http://www.earlham.edu/~hennja/hildalabel.htm

 May be just a coincidence, but I wonder if this album was pressed at the
Houston plant and perhaps this is the default template for their labels.
Maybe it's a generic label layout for gospel records that Jandek nicked
(see Tisue.net's notes on the Jandek-Christian connection). Or maybe
Crusade Enterprises of Flora, Illinois, is a subsidiary of Corwood
Industries and Hilda V. Clarke is the lone artist on its roster.

 I like how most of the titles written in that font in silver on navy look
like they could easily be Ready for the House outtakes.