[Jandek] the whole thing as a holistic revery

James Holloway jwholloway at mac.com
Sat Nov 26 06:34:58 PST 2005

 Gavin, this is one of the best (meaning most insightful)  pieces of writing about Jandek I've seen (and I think I've seen them all) -- you connected some obvious, but heretofore unremarked dots here in a way that makes complete sense. Thinking about Jandek in that context -- Walser, Kafka, Musil -- is incredibly interesting, and his recordings as "chapers" in a long story -- is to my mind an excellent way to approach his work. Thanks man!