[Jandek] Helsinki

BlackMonk BlackMonk at email.msn.com
Sun Nov 20 14:55:57 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Markus Metsälä" <markus.metsala at helsinki.fi>
To: <jandek at mylist.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Jandek] Helsinki

< I actually had a quick word with him today. I was attending a film
screening
 and he was hanging around after the films had ended. I said thanks for the
concert and told him I thought it was a very beautiful piece. He seemed
surprised at first but then thanked me very politely and and said he was
honored that I had liked the concert. >

That doesn't really fit in with the "Jandek as unstable person who can't
stand contact with other people" theory. Do you think maybe he's a victim of
his own image and after every show he wonders "why doesn't anyone talk to
me? Didn't they like it?"