[Jandek] Re: Spin!

SAMUEL_MATHESON at ACDI-CIDA.GC.CA SAMUEL_MATHESON at ACDI-CIDA.GC.CA
Fri Nov 18 07:30:33 PST 2005

Speaking of "Spin", has anyone considered that the original Trubee article
back in '85 might have played a role in Jandek's "reclisiveness" over the
next 20 years?  I mean, Trubee approached the interview in a fairly
respectful manner and Jandek really opened up at points, but the subsequent
article portrayed him as something of a troubled flake cranking out atonal
seizure-inducing clang.  I wonder if Jandek took one look at the piece and
thought, "Geez, I do one interview and this is what I get?  Never again!"
Once bitten, twice shy...

=============

      To: Jandek
          <jandek at mylist.net>

 Subject: Re: [Jandek] Spin!

Also notice Ben Gibbard name dropping Jandek later on. A far better quote
than old Kurt's controversial quip.

Mike Fournier <mikef26 at juno.com> wrote:

 I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the full-page article on
 Jandek in this month's issue of Spin. I think David Peisner did a nice job
 with it (and not just because I get a full paragraph).
 Top ten:
 Humility Of Pain
 Blue Corpse
 You Walk Alone