[Jandek] Punk outing! People shouting!

Terence Enright guy_fawkes99 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 14:05:02 PST 2005

I'm not sure I understand why separating myth and man is a worthwhile endeavor.  I'm a music fan, not a scholar or academic, and whether my pleasure stems from mystique and music or music alone, the end result is still pleasure.

Frank Hardy <soccerdude219 at yahoo.com> wrote:Well you don't have to like Jandek to post here. Let's not start getting into gradations of fanhood. Don't forget that one of the most important figures in the progression of the Corwood legend is Irwin Chusid, a guy who's done nothing but mock the dude from day one. Besides, I think the point that Jandek must prove himself to be independent of his fast-dying mystique is a very valid one- it's something everyone who thinks he or she is a fan must consider: do I really like this, or do I just like the idea of it?

Yuval Legendtofski <legendtofski at gmail.com> wrote: ---------- Forwarded message ----------